Air Testing for New Dwellings
• Nationwide Coverage
• Fully Accredited Engineers
• Same Day Retest
• On-Site Certificate Accepted by Building Control
• Part L1A Compliance & Passive House Testing
• Localised Smoke Test & Thermographic Air Leakage Diagnostics
Air Tightness Solutions provides a cost effective solution for your Domestic Air Tightness testing requirements for the small developer to the large housing contractor. We provide a nationwide pressure testing service which is delivered within 72 hours of your order. All domestic air tests are undertaken by ATTMA accredited engineers to ATTMA TSL1.
Part L1 Compliance
Current legislation requires a sample of all newly built houses to be air tested to ensure compliance with Part L of the Building Regulations in England and Wales and Section 6 of the Scottish Building Standards. An Energy Performance Certificate cannot be issued without an Air Tightness Test Certificate. Your air leakage testing results must have an air permeability figure specified in the design SAP calculations. For one or two units, airtightness testing is not mandatory, but an assumed air leakage rate above the industry norm must be made, which may cause your overall assessment to fail.
Air Tightness Solutions provide a free air testing regime assessment allowing the number of dwellings that require testing to be calculated. We will also help you decide when testing will be most cost effective for you and keep site disruption to a minimum.
Before we attend site to undertake an air test, pressure test, air leakage test to determine the air permeability we may require the following information:
• Regulations or Standards you are conforming to
• Site layout detailing the different construction forms and designs of houses you have on the development.
• Plans and sections for each house type. If there are different plans for sub-types such as terraced or semi-detached, we will also be required.
• Floor layouts for each apartment block on the development
• A build program if you would like us to suggest which plots to test.
• The Design Air Permeability, available from the SAP calculation.
If you want to find out more about domestic air testing, or simply need some expert advice, we’d be delighted to help.